Saturday, June 7, 2014

Keep Your Eye On The Doughnut And Not The Hole

I didn't know yesterday was National Doughnut Day.  I wasn't aware of this significant reality until Nikki, our summer Intern at the Counseling Center, came in to inform me.  Had I known, I would have surely had some doughnuts earlier in the day.  We had doughnuts in the evening.  Doughnuts are among my favorite foods. They may not be very nutritional but, in life some exceptions have to be made.  I also like doughnuts for their lesson about life.  No matter how good a doughnut may be, there is a hole in the middle.  I'm not a fan of those jelly filled doughnuts so I don't count them as genuine doughnuts.  I have often wondered who first cut the hole out of the doughnut and why that person did so.  Doughnuts life lesson is "Keep your eye on the doughnut and not on the hole."  No matter how wonderful a relationship, job, house, friendship, car, etc. may be, most of us can think of something that could be improved.  That's the critical mind which all of us possess.  Unfortunately, some have loud and active critical mind voices.  They only see the hole, not the doughnut.  So I like doughnuts, both as a food group and a lesson for life.  "Keep you eye on the doughnut and not the hole."

No comments:

Post a Comment