Thursday, May 1, 2014

We Are Together In The Human Family

I've a friend who travels to eastern Europe to work with women who've been involved in human trafficking. Yesterday, I interviewed a young lady who is a Senior at the University and desires to help women who been rescued from human trafficking.  She has been looking into the trafficking situation in central Kentucky.  I don't understand why the world's countries are not aghast and hurrying to help when more than 200 teenage young women are abducted in Nigeria.  Human slavery has not disappeared.  This reality says something about the mind-set with which we view others.  Others do not exist to meet my needs.  They exist because they are children of God.  They are a significant part of my human family regardless of the other person's race, culture, sexual orientation, political persuasion or religious beliefs.  I may not be able to go to Nigeria, but I can treat all people who are around me with great respect.

No comments:

Post a Comment