Thursday, May 29, 2014

It Has Arrived

The UPS man brought it to the house this afternoon.  When my wife purchased a Smart phone a couple of years ago, she informed me that her old flip-phone was coming to me.  I wasn't certain that I wanted a cell phone.  I've been able to get along without one for these many years.  Nevertheless, that flip-phone has been in the glove compartment of my car in case of emergencies.  It has also been in my pocket during trips to the grocery or drug store in case Judy wanted to add something from which I was shopping.  That old phone worked well for me.  Unfortunately, I dropped it a couple of days ago.  Judy said that I was going to get a new phone; one that did something more than just make and receive calls.  I was either going to choose one or I was getting one for Father's Day.  So, I chose and it has arrived.  It is a Smart phone which will let me make and receive phone calls.  The instructions tell me that I can even tell it whom to call and it will do so. Perhaps it will also play music, dance in the street, show a video and get a soft drink while I wait.  I'm not so certain that I'm comfortable with this phone--maybe it is too smart for my tastes.  I'll need to have a tutoring session; maybe it will even do that for me.  Anyway, it has arrived.

No comments:

Post a Comment