Saturday, July 31, 2010

My, how things have changed!

This morning Judy and I will take a friend to the airport here in Lexington. She is traveling to Charlotte then Munich and finally to Moldova. She will be joining a group of other women on a "mission trip" to work among women who have been victims of human trafficking. Flying to Moldova doesn't seem unusual to me. I've flown to Europe or the middle East several times. However, I've begun to think about my parents and grandparents. If they were still living, flying to Moldova would sound like an impossibility. My how things have changed! I'm not even certain that my folks would understand what "human trafficking" really means. Not only this concept of flying across the ocean but I'm also developing an on-line class for the Lexington Theological Seminary which I will teach in January. I'm having fun learning this new technology and it isn't as difficult as I had imagined. However, my folks would not have never dreamed that someday a Professor could teach a class and the students not be physically present in the classroom. Yes, I know, neither could they have believed that the Professor could have been me but, that's another story or blog. My how things have changed.

No comments:

Post a Comment