Wednesday, July 21, 2010

The Counselor

On the side of my office file cabinet is a finger puppet of Carl Jung. I suppose I tend to follow his concepts in my counseling practice more than any other psychological theory. This means that I ask individuals to give attention to the source of meaning or purpose which they are seeking in their life as well as that meaning or purpose that seems to be seeking them. I also suggest that they may want to give some attention to their dreams. Psalm 16 was my reading this morning and verse 7 grabbed my attention. "I will bless the Lord who has counseled me: indeed my mind instructs me in the night." (ASV) How about that--was it just a coincidence? I think God frequently counseles with "divine hunches." I also think God uses some of my dreams. There are many significant dreams in the Bible. I'm pleased that God is a Counselor.
Shalom

No comments:

Post a Comment