Thursday, June 10, 2010

The mornings in my Office

I like the place where I work. The building is 100 years old this year. It is an old house that has been fixed up with heat/air conditioning, paint, wall paper, carpet, etc. Each room has a fireplace and even though they are no longer functional, the 'feel' is comfortable. I especially like getting to the office in the early mornings. The morning sun enters through my office windows and brightens up the whole area. During these early mornings the only sounds in the building are from a small water fountain on the bookcase in my office and a smooth jazz CD playing in the reception area. I like these times so I can sit silently being in wonder about the day and the people I'll meet. Sometimes, I read the Bible anticipating that the scriptures will work on me. Other times when I read the Bible I work on the scriptures with my mind seeking understanding and use of it's truths. I like my office, especially in the early mornings. Later in the day the building and offices will get busy with lots of people coming and going. I like that also but, it is different. I like my office, especially in the mornings. I hope everyone has a nurturing space.
Shalom,
Rick

No comments:

Post a Comment