Monday, July 10, 2017

What Do You See?

"Pussy cat, pussy cat, where have you been? I've been to London to look at the Queen. Pussy cat, pussy cat, what did you do there? I frightened a little mouse under her chair." Can you imagine going to London to see the Queen and reporting seeing and frightening a mouse.  A cat will focus on a mouse because that a cat's nature  Often what we see and report tells us more about ourselves than we realize.    A person with a negative spirit, in almost any situation, will report a negative thought, evaluation, etc.  My mother called them "crape hangers," i.e., those who hung black crepe paper on the door indicating a death.  I think we need to pay attention to what we see and talk about, it may open our eyes and hearts to the kind of person we are becoming.  In Zachariah 4 the angel asked "What do you see?" (vs 2).  At first he only saw the menorah but with some help from the Angel, he saw the word of the Lord, "'Not by power, nor by might, but by my Spirit,' says the Lord." (vs. 6).  I think a good question for all of us, especially in difficult times, is "What do you see?"

No comments:

Post a Comment