Saturday, July 8, 2017

Moving On Up

"Moving On Up" was the song in the TV series The Jefferson's. I like that song as well as the concept of moving on up. I also liked that TV series. When asked about the secret for his military success, a Commander responded, "Go to higher ground and the enemy will retreat." I think that's good advise, not only for the military, but also for living. When we sense some type of an "attack" we need to move to higher ground. Move up to higher values, nobler thoughts, elevate our sights. On of my favorite hymns sings, ""I'm pressing on the upward way, new heights I'm gaining everyday. My heart has no desire to stay with doubts and fears dismay. I want to live above the world, tho Satan's darts at me are hurled ... Lord, lead me on to higher ground." I think any of us can be better today than we were yesterday. We can move on up to higher ground.

No comments:

Post a Comment