Sunday, July 8, 2012

The Rains and Advice

The rains have arrived! They came about 4 o'clock this Sunday afternoon and the temperature dropped quickly from 101 to 87. We've been in a drought and heat wave for the past week or so. My neighbor across the street is putting on a new metal roof and when the rains came he didn't stop working, just yelled, "This is wonderful." Another neighbor decided to go for his walk in the rain and Judy has moved to the front porch. You might think we've gone nuts enjoying the rain and cooler weather.  Tomorrow our friend and financial planner will go with me to see my brother's Attorney. Bobby's Attorney is a lady who specializes in special needs. Bobby's Special Needs Trust needs to have some changes. I'm pleased there are people who know how to write Trust documents, understand the details of the law for special needs folks and financial planners who know how to handle some Trust money so that Bobby continues to be eligible for help. These two friends are like the rain and cool weather--they make a big difference. There have been too many times when I tried to handle things on my own without professional advise. I tried to do the best I know, which too often turned out to be not the best. That independent spirit, which might also be pride, can be like our hot, dry weather--not much grows except frustrations. It is wisdom to know when to ask for help. "...wisdom is found in those who take advice" (Proverbs 13:10b, NIV.)

No comments:

Post a Comment