Sunday, July 1, 2012

Grandma's floor lamp

Grandma Landon loved to read.  After the work was done on the farm and in the house, she would read.  Her favorite was the Bible, but after that she loved western novels, especially Louis L'Amour.  When their time came, Grandma and Grandpa moved willingly into a nursing home operated by Mrs. Duck.  Grandma told Dad that their room light wasn't good for her eyes when she read.  Dad purchased a floor lamp that had a curved arm that enabled the light to be adjusted so that it was just over her shoulder.  When my granndparents died, that floor lamp went to my parents home.  After Mom died and Dad moved in with us, that lamp came with him.  When Dad passed away in 1997, I cleaned up and painted that lamp.  It now sits at the end of our small counch in the computer room.  Whenever I'm doing a lot of reading, I like to sit under that old floor lamp of Grandma's.

No comments:

Post a Comment