Monday, June 12, 2023

Aging Seems Inevitable

In these past several days I have received notice of several deaths. A Disciples minister who was a colleague in Seminary field education. A lady of whom I was her Pastor. An acquaintance who I knew in Seminary and with whom we shared similar views about denominations. There was also a friend with whom we shared leadership in Lexington’s Comprehensive Care. All these folks are contemporaries of mine. We worked together years ago in various endeavors. They are about the same age as I. My mortality continues to get closer. What I hope folks will say about me at my death, depends upon how I choose to spend this day. As a homework assignment in Seminary years ago, I had students write their obituaries. After the assignment, I suggested the students live into their obituaries. I think that is still pretty good advice as well as daily intentions. It seems that aging is inevitable.

No comments:

Post a Comment