Wednesday, June 14, 2023

Campaigning, Elections and Values

The political election system is underway. I choose my values and ethics prior to anyone candidate’s campaigning. My sense of values for the nation is from Matthew 25 where Jesus told us how the nations are to be judge. My thinking is that Jesus’ sense of evaluating is good enough for me. So, I ask myself does this political party or person endorse such things as: respectful care for the ‘strangers,’ i.e., the immigrant, refugee, etc. among us? What are their plans about respectfully caring for and rehabilitating those who are now incarcerated? Do they want everyone to have access to appropriate health care? I also think about our young people, who are the future of the nation; so, do they want to provide free education from pre-school through college and, even, graduate school? What are their plans for clean, healthy water and adequate food for everyone? These are the values by which I make decisions for whom to support and how I vote.

No comments:

Post a Comment