Friday, June 16, 2023

Southern Baptists and Women

I was born and raised as a Southern Baptist in Oklahoma. I went to a Southern Baptist College in Oklahoma. I graduated from the Southern Baptist Seminary in Louisville. My Southern Baptist heritage was significant in my life. Today I am disappointed with my Southern Baptist family. Several years ago, I moved my endorsement from the Southern Baptist Convention to the Cooperative Baptist Fellowship. I am pleased to be identified today as a Cooperative Baptist rather than Southern Baptist. The Southern Baptists are preoccupied with women and ministry. If God trusted women to take the message of Jesus’ resurrection to the men who had fled from the tomb, how can anyone doubt that a women cannot be a minister of the Gospel. What God did at the tomb settled the ‘women in ministry’ issue for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment