Sunday, May 1, 2022

The Need for Self-Discipline Continues

One of my least favorite aspects of this aging process relates to food. My metabolism rate seems to have slowed down significantly so that I cannot eat as in previous years without the scales reporting, “Ugh and Oh No.” My Physician says that I would do better if I significantly reduced carbs, sugars, red meat, and salt. Those limits create a significant handicap in my regular eating as well as my snacking, especially evening snacks. My Physician also says that I would do better with vegetables, fruits, fish, etc. and those need to be served in smaller portions. All of this reminds me that self-discipline is something that will be with me through all my life. It is not something that I learned once upon a time and, then I would no longer have to work at it. No, I must continue learning and re-learning self-discipline. I sure wish God would have created me so that my metabolism was such that I could eat what my eyes and mouth desire throughout all my life. But that is not how it is, so the Lord and I are still working on my self-discipline.

No comments:

Post a Comment