Saturday, May 14, 2022

My "Politics"

It is time for a primary election in Lexington, Kentucky. I am not fond of political ads because I do not believe most of their marketing. If a candidate’s advertising turns negative about their opponent, then I vote for the opponent. If more of us would do that, negative adds would cease. My politics are simple. My generations have all been Democrats. In this day and time, I would be labeled as a liberal democrat. My generations would not have liked that “liberal” label but, they would be pleased that I am registered as a Democrat. I am also a fiscal conservative. They would have liked that. Nevertheless, I hope I am generous. I also inherited the philosophy that there are to be no “professional politicians.” So, if someone has been elected and served their elected time, then I do not vote for them; no “if’s” or “but’s.” Once a candidate has served his or her time in office, they need to go back home and make a living like the rest of us (my grandfather would say “an honest living.”) My politics are simple.

No comments:

Post a Comment