Saturday, May 28, 2022

Let's Have Strict Gun Controls

When I was in grade school, my dad purchased a BB rifle for me. He had me shoot at bottles in the back yard when he was beside me. As I grew older, he purchased a single shot 22 rifle for me, and we would go rabbit and squirrel hunting. Since the rabbits and squirrels, were safe from me and my single shot 22 rifle, I asked Dad for either a 410 shotgun or a rifle that would shoot more than one bullet at a time. Dad said, “No” that any sportsman had to give the animals a fair chance. I understand the desire for a sportsman type of rifle, although I have long ago given away my guns. I do not understand the desire or need for a military type of weapon. Those type of guns are designed for the purpose of killing people. I am an advocate for strict gun control. Those military type weapons do not belong in the hands and/or homes of citizens. They need to be restricted to the military and law enforcement personnel. It is guns that kill people. Gun advocates say it is the mentally ill who kill people. However, if a mentally ill person cannot get a gun, he/she is not going to kill people, such as entering a grade school and killing children and teachers. It is past time for our leaders to stand up and enact strict gun controls.

No comments:

Post a Comment