Saturday, August 6, 2016

But Don't Get Caught

I frequently hear folks talking about what's "right" and what's "wrong" as if their main sense of morality is to have a good time and enjoy life, but don't get caught.  I'm not against having a good time.  If some of these folks did get caught doing some of the activities about which they speak, they might become better persons.  I don't like the concept of a God who seems to be snooping and eavesdropping in order to keep us from having a good time.  I don't think that is a Biblically accurate concept of God.  God isn't out to "get me" or prevent me from having an enjoyable life.  How I behave will not change God; therefore, to keep my sense of wholeness and peace I can be satisfied with nothing less than my best--whether or not I "get caught."

No comments:

Post a Comment