Saturday, March 22, 2014

Keeping Focus Is Not Always Easy

My wife wanted me to go to the grocery store.  She only had a few items on her mind and I knew that we were about out of peanut butter.  From my perspective peanut butter is crucial.  When the house is about empty of peanut butter, it is really time to go to the grocery.  So, off I went to the grocery.  I like going to the grocery store because I like to watch people, in addition to gathering food items.  I watched the people as they shopped.  Some of them had a written list, others had their phones out reading a list; some folks look real carefully at an item while others just grab and move.  I got home and had purchased everything that my wife had asked me to get.  I did good.  However, she remarked that she thought I was also going to get a jar of peanut butter.  It is easy for me to loose my focus, especially when there are so many things and people around me.  Next time, I'll write peanut butter on a list.  Keeping focus is not as easy a personal discipline as it may sound.

No comments:

Post a Comment