Sunday, March 4, 2012

Change and Discernment

In the Wizard of Oz, Dorothy said to her dog, "Toto, we're not in Kansas anymore." Dealing with change is not easy. I've lived in the same house since 1973 so obviously I value stability. Stability is one of the vows that has been important in the history of religious vocations. Nevertheless, change happens all of the time and change surrounds us. For example, the Seminary were I'm an Adjunct Professor has gone primarily to distance learning. So, I've had to learn how to teach an on-line class which involved my comprehending a new definition of "blackboard" and, then, how to use it. I like some changes. My response to many of the change-challenges has been to carefully choose how to respond. Adapting to changes creates changes in me, some so subtle that I don't recognize them for awhile. Therefore, it is important to discern how I respond to the changes that are happening around me. .

No comments:

Post a Comment