Friday, November 11, 2011

Bobby and the penny

Bobby is my younger brother who is developmentally disabled. During a recent colonoscopy a pre-cancerous polyp was found. It was in a bend so it was difficult to completely remove. Yesterday was the third effort to get all of it. If this failed the Physician was going to schedule him for major surgery in order to remove that part of his colon. After yesterday's procedure the Physician said, "I got clean tissue. So, I think we've avoided the major surgery." When Bobby began to wake up in the recovery room, his first thick-lipped comment was did I still have the penny he had found in the parking lot of Wal-Mart and would I put it in his bank account. Well, thanks-be-to-God I had a penny in my pocket. Therefore all is well. We are thankful that he has avoided major surgery.

No comments:

Post a Comment