Sunday, August 27, 2023

Why?

My neighbor’s puppy loves to chase his tail. He seems to enjoy going round and round with occasional barks or yelps of joy or frustration. I can’t tell what his barks and yelps might be indicating. I do know that he loves to chase his tail and he does that a lot of the time. When I watch him chasing his tail, I know he will never completely catch it. He bits at it but he does not get it. I watch him and think that is what many “Why?” questions are like. We chase our “Why’s?” but never seem to get a firm answer to our question. Rather than ask ourselves “Why” perhaps we need to be asking other types of questions, such as, “What shall I do now?” or “I wonder what this situation means?” I think “Whys?” are frequently like a dog chasing its tail.

No comments:

Post a Comment