Saturday, August 12, 2023

God's Abundant Love

I read from the Psalms each day. I began doing this via the influence of the Lay Cistercians of the Abbey of Gethsemani. The Lay Cistercians are a group of lay folks who make an intentional effort to live by the teachings and guidance of St. Benedict as well as staying in a relationship with the Abbey and the monks. Recently I was reading Psalm 5 and verse 7 stood out, “I through the abundance of your steadfast love will enter your house….” (NRSV). My prayer is that God’s abundant love will lead and guide me not only today and every day as well as ultimately, into the very presence of God, i.e., ‘your [God’s] house.” That is a great promise (“Thanks” ‘Preacher’ Hallock for instilling in me God’s promises). I hope that today I will be sensitive and attentive to God’s abundant love, not only for me but for everyone as well as this earth, i.e., God’s good creation.

No comments:

Post a Comment