Saturday, July 2, 2022

Discernment: What's Important and What's Not

In today’s mail we received four letters. The envelopes were marked as IMPORTANT. The four envelopes contained four letters and some other odd stuff. The letters were clear that if we did not send money to help the fight against some disease people were going to suffer. I shredded all the letters, even the one marked with $15 circled as an anticipated donation. I call this junk mail and I am not pleased with its arrival in our mailbox. At least it provides a degree of job security for our mailperson. I hope the agencies paid their fair share of the postal expense. This junk mail reminds me that in life there are many things for which we do not need to give much attention. Discernment means knowing what is important and what is not.

No comments:

Post a Comment