Wednesday, April 1, 2020

What Might Hae Been

If it weren’t for my left leg being held stiff by a sophisticated metal brace due to a slip on the ice and surgery, I might have been on my way to Slovakia today. If it weren’t for a virus, strangely named after a pale Mexican beer-- Corona, I might have been on my way to Slovakia. Delta and I were scheduled to fly via Detroit, Amsterdam and Krakow on April 1st (“Yes,” I get the irony—April’s Fool Day) where I was to be picked up and taken to a retreat center in somewhere in Slovakia near the Poland boundary. I was to be among some of the most wonderful folks who are Cooperative Baptist Fellowship missionaries working in Europe. Among other things, I had planned to talk with them about “Toward a Less Anxious Presence.” (“Yes,” I posted my thoughts on this blog). However, things don’t always work out the way they were planned. Instead of that wonderful journey, my task now has to do with leg exercises, physical distancing and shelter-in-place at home. Things don’t always work out the way they were planned. Paul wrote, “he was content in whatever state he was in” (Philippians 4:11). I’m working on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment