Saturday, April 4, 2020

Coronavirus, who did this to us?

She reported that her Pastor said this Coronavirus was from God as punishment for sins. I told her that wasn’t how I think. I recalled that God said creation was good (Genesis 1:12.) Unfortunately, I think we continue to mess up God’s good creation in many ways over many generations and, therefore, we suffer the consequences of decisions and behaviors. I suspect we, not God, have somehow created this virus and pandemic. My image is of God shaking God’s head in the same manner a parent shakes her head as she lovingly watches her child do something that isn’t very wise. I do, however, believe that somehow God will be about creating something for our wellbeing from this crisis. I do not believe this virus is either good or of God. It seems to be accomplishing only what evil does, which is to destroy. I believe God has the wisdom to take our messes and, then, working with us, create for our wellbeing.

No comments:

Post a Comment