Sunday, September 18, 2022

A Perfect Saturday and Sunday Morning

Thanks to Lisa for the gift of a book about books. A perfect Saturday and Sunday morning involve a book or books, a cup of Earl Grey with a splash of honey, a dark and silent house before sunrise, a lamp beside a favorite chair and something to read. This weekend I am permitted to travel with Madeleine Engle’s The Irrational Season through the Church seasons and ponder the question Do I Stay Christian? with Brian McLarin, both of which I recommend. Recommending books, when not asked for, is called “Book Bossy” by Anne Bogel in her delightful read, I’D Rather Be Reading, which I recommend, thanks to Lisa’s gift. The weather does not make for a perfect Saturday and Sunday morning, at least not for me on this weekend. A bonus is the reality that both the Kentucky “Wildcats” and the Oklahoma “Sooners” won their football games. Now really, can it get any better than this?

No comments:

Post a Comment