Sunday, May 31, 2020

"You'll Never Walk Alone"

I’ve a clear memory when I first heard the song. That clarity of memory indicates how significant the song’s impact was and continues to be for me. I was in High School. An adult sponsor in our Church Youth Group sold mobile homes between Norman and Oklahoma City. On a Sunday afternoon a couple of us from the youth group drove to his mobile home. He wasn’t expecting us; nevertheless, he welcomed us into his mobile home. He was playing a new record which he wanted us to hear. That was when I heard the song. He told us the story of the song. The next day or so, I purchased my own record of the song. It is a song that I obviously carry in my memory, but also in my heart. It is a song I believe needs to be sung and heard repeatedly during any type of crisis. Each of us, and all of us, need to remember that “You’ll Never Walk Alone.”

No comments:

Post a Comment