Tuesday, August 6, 2019

How Much Is Enough?

I'm stunned with the news of the recent shootings in El Paso and Dayton. These shooting are coming too frequently and should not be coming at all. I think we need stronger mental health laws and resources. Too many of our mentally ill folks are among the homeless. We need stronger gun legislation. I do not believe that civilians need military type weapons. Military assault weapons are designed to kill a lot of people quickly. Let's have background checks before the purchase of any and all guns, no matter where they are purchased. I also think there is too much violence in movies, television and the Internet. Let's value peacemaking; not violence. I believe there is great racial prejudice among us. We are blind to our own prejudices. How much is enough before we do something? Whatever we are doing or not doing at the present time, isn't working.

No comments:

Post a Comment