Wednesday, September 25, 2024

Buddhism

The more I read and learn what the Buddha taught his followers, the more I believe that he was full of the Holy Spirit. So, I read and desire to learn from the Buddha/Buddhism because I do not want to turn away from teachings of the Holy Spirit. I question my friends who say that the Buddha was not a “Christian” to which I reply, “Well, of course not. The Buddha lived 500 to 600 years before the time of Christ”. I also wonder when they say they do not want to be influenced by Buddhism as they are on their way to a yogi class or talk about practicing mindfulness. I believe there is more to God than we think or believe. A quote from the Buddha as reported by Mark Nepo in his wonderful book, FALLING DOWN AND GETTING UP. “Act always as if the future of the universe depends on what you do, while laughing at yourself for thinking that whatever you do makes any difference.” (p. 137)

No comments:

Post a Comment