Friday, April 21, 2023

The Moon

This morning as I sat in the pre-dawn, I was able to see the moon. It was a bright moon and yet the moon has no source of light within itself. It reflects the Sun. I have seen pictures of the moon’s surface from the astronauts’ visits. The moon’s surface is not like a mirror or the surface of a lake that would easily and naturally reflect the Sun. No, the moon’s surface is full of craters, rocks, dirt, and other stuff. I suppose it looks like our planet before anyone arrived. I thought how this is a picture of our lives. We are to reflect the light of the World or the divine I Am. To consider someone’s life, someone like me, it does not appear that I would be a good reflector. My life is full of darkness, confusion, attitudes, behaviors, etc. that surely do not or cannot reflect the divine I Am. Nevertheless, there is the moon. It reflects the sun not because it is such a perfect or natural reflector but because of the sun and the moon’s position in the universe. Perhaps the lesson of the moon is to position my life, attitudes, behaviors, etc. so that the divine I Am can be a reflection in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment