Sunday, December 4, 2022

A Message from the Shredder

There are several pieces of mail waiting on my desk to be shredded. Most of them are requests for money, i.e., donations. They do not come right out and ask for money; “No,” they write about a membership that is about to expire. I do not ever recall joining or becoming a member of their organization. I do not even know what they mean by membership. I probably sent them a donation in year’s past and now they have my information. One request even says that they have not yet received my donation for 2022. I do not think it was to become an annual thing. One of those pieces of to-be-shredded mail even states that this is my final chance for 2022. There are even several pieces of mail from organizations of which I have no acquaintance. I guess this is the result of organizations buying information from other organizations. This is the season of Thanksgiving and Advent. From the looks of pieces of mail on my desk waiting to be shredded, I think it is also the season of job security for the postal workers.

No comments:

Post a Comment