Tuesday, August 2, 2022

Interfaith (cont'd)

Our center’s name is Interfaith Counseling Center. I was not present when the former Board and whomever elsewhere decided upon that name. Nevertheless, I like the name and what it means. Sometime in the mid-1980’s I began to see a Spiritual Director; He was Father Hank Kenney, a Jesuit Priest. Early in our time together I recall saying that I was comfortable being a Baptist (that has changed but onto my Interfaith point) and I did not want to be a Roman Catholic. He laughed, as was his manner, and replied. “My purpose is to make you a better Jesus Follower and that may mean a better Baptist. I pray, he continued, that from our time together, the Holy Spirit will make me a better Jesus Follower and a better Catholic Priest.” His attitude was an interfaith gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment