Tuesday, August 23, 2022

Eastern Kentucky Flooding and Coal Companies

The floods in eastern Kentucky have been devastating. People have lost everything. That is beyond my imagination. I am wonderfully amazed to read and see all the volunteers who have come to help. They have helped in so many ways. I am also amazed how people have responded with their gifts and money. Unfortunately, I am aware of a missing piece. Where are the coal companies with their big trucks and heavy machinery as well as volunteers and money to help the families in eastern Kentucky? The coal companies are responsible not only the way they have treated, or shall I write abused, the beautiful mountains and streams but, also, the people of eastern Kentucky. Now that there is a national tragedy, they seem absent. What ethic is it that says I will take money from your resources and leave you with the consequences. You may pretend to care but you cannot pretend to show up. I hope that I am wrong, and the television and newspapers have just not shown pictures of your heavy equipment. Come on coal companies, show up!

No comments:

Post a Comment