Friday, August 28, 2020

Wise or foolish?

One of the means I use for my morning “quiet time” is pray-as-you-go.org. I highly recommend it! This is a contemplative method of quieting one’s spirit with music from around the world as well as a scripture reading and thoughtful reflection. Today’s session invited me to become aware of my wise as well as my foolish voice(s) or selves. I am healing well from my passing out and falling. The swelling is greatly reduced and the bruising has almost disappeared. I’m getting bored with staying home, sleeping/napping and keeping an ice pack on my face. I asked the Physician if I could begin driving. She said, “No.” I asked about going back to work at the Counseling Center, she said, “No.” I’m still wearing a heart monitor as the Physicians attempt to discern why I passed out. Thus far everything is inconclusive. I’ve heard the Physician’s advice; she was very clear. I can report that today these two voices are having quite an interesting conversation in my mind with reasons to accept or ignore the Physician’s answers. Foolish or wise? I admit I think that distinction is too simple. I think most of my issues are on a continuum between those extremes. Nevertheless, it was today’s pray-as-you-go.com contemplation question. Was the Lord helping me to accept the Physician’s advice? I’m not always absolutely certain about the Lord’s guidance; it seems the Lord leans me in a direction rather than being as clear as I wish. I think I’ll stay home and out of the driver’s seat for a few more days.

No comments:

Post a Comment