Sunday, January 20, 2019

Life Must Have Meaning

This morning I watched a 1959 interview with Carl Jung entitled "Face to Face." Technology is amazing. I have read and studied Jung for many years. He continues to be a significant influence in my thoughts and my practice as a Therapist. Because of Jung's writings, I'm interested in a person's dreams. Dreams give a hint as what may be happening in the unconscious. In the YouTube interview, I heard Jung say that a person can't tolerate a meaningless life. I agree with that. We must have meaning. Meaning can be vastly different for different persons. Meaning may be in the family for one person; whereas it is located in one's work, for another. It is crucial that our life has some sense of meaning. A significant source of meaning for me is the call of God on my life's energies and time.

No comments:

Post a Comment