Friday, December 29, 2023

I Think I May Be a Pacifist

I think I may be a pacifist. One of my favorite songs is “Bobby Darin - Simple Song of Freedom.” Check it out on YouTube. I want Netanyahu and the leader of Hamas to go somewhere and fight each other and leave the people alone. I want Putin and Zelensky to go there also and wrestle until one gives up. Leave the people alone. We would all be better people if our “politicians” would do the same among themselves. When Jesus was arrested, Peter pulled a sword and cut off someone’s ear. Jesus told him to put his sword away (Matthew 26:52). Jesus also added “Those who use the sword will die by the sword.” Jesus was prophetic. Nations that build up piles of armaments will surely find a way to use them or, in a feeble act of innocence, sell them to others who will use them. I wish and pray our politicians had courage so we could get military weapons off our streets as well as stop killing people we have locked up in our prisons with capital punishment. I really wish those in prison, who are not a danger to others or themselves, could be set free. I think I may be a pacifist.

No comments:

Post a Comment