Sunday, July 2, 2023

Inclusion or Exclusion

Recently several large Church communities have been excluding others, ex. homosexuals, women in leadership, etc. I do not think this is being like or following Jesus. Jesus was all about including. He included those who the religious and political ’authorities’ excluded. I put ‘authorities’ in quotes because I have always believed that being legal or following a creed, statement of beliefs, etc., does not mean it is right. To assume that legal equals right is not only foolish; it is egotistical. I believe there is a better standard, and it is following Jesus. I frequently say in a therapy session that if you really want to know a person, then you must read their behavior and not just listen to their words. Jesus included all others, no exceptions—well I guess he did make exceptions for those who thought they were the authorities in both the religious establishment and the political world. They just could not tolerate someone like Jesus who included everyone, so they felt they needed to exclude him, i.e., crucifixion. Reading behaviors, I choose to follow Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment