Friday, July 5, 2024

War No More

One of my all-time favorite songs is Bobby Darin’s, Simple Song of Freedom and especially the line “We Don’t Want War Anymore.” I think of that song as I see the news about the wars in Gaza and Ukraine. I think the Israel government is creating a generational anger and hostility that will play itself out for generations to come. Today’s leaders are creating Palestinian young people who will haunt the middle east with their anger long after these present leaders have passed from this life. I think the same for the Ukraine young people who will have an angry and hostile attitude toward Russia. The Bible speaks of the sins of the fathers playing out by later generations. Numbers 14:18, “The Lord is slow to anger, and abounding in steadfast love, forgiving iniquity and transgression, but by no means clearing the guilty, visiting the iniquity of the parents upon the children to the third and fourth generation.” I believe our world would be a better place for generations to come if we did not want war anymore and our leaders reflected this spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment