Sunday, January 14, 2024

A Cold Weather Response

The cold weather has blown into central Kentucky. It is hovering around zero degrees. During such fierce weather, I am concerned about those without adequate shelter, including the homeless. There may not be much that I can personally do for them, but I can send money to those organizations, such as Salvation Army, God’s Pantry, Catholic Action Center and many others, that do provide personal assistance. I can also pray and suggest that others will send money because these organizations will see an increase in their utilities and food costs. I also pray that churches would want to open their warm facilities to provide shelter, water, and food. Opening their facilities would require volunteers as well as increasing their utilities and food costs. Nevertheless, I think opening facilities, volunteering, and/or sending money is what Jesus would do.

No comments:

Post a Comment