Tuesday, November 21, 2023

Separation of Church and State

I am fearful of the idea that American is to become a Christian Nation. There are other nations whose leadership is affiliated with the predominant religion, such as Turkey, Israel, Saudia Arabia, etc. These nations have religious dictatorships, and any opposition is seen as betrayal. When I listen to the language and anger-energy of some of our so-called leaders who espouse these ideas, I become fearful. I fear the end of democracy and the rise of religious intolerance. I am praying for our nation that we may be delivered from those who see a divine destiny to alter our democratic type of government. Democracy is neither easy, quick nor clear. Democracy requires integrity and willingness to learn from those with whom we disagree. I believe in the separation of Church and State.

No comments:

Post a Comment